[OM] Re: Your opinions on pricing for OM3 Ti

Subject: [OM] Re: Your opinions on pricing for OM3 Ti
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 08:41:09 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 bartjew@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> And that's exactly where my disbelief starts:
> http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/olympusom1n2/OM2nGoldMeinhardSchmitt/index.htm
> claims Olympus made a limited set of 20 golden OM-2n's, as gifts for
> company employees. I'll buy that.
>
> But it would be in no relation to making a similarly limited number (25)
> of golden OM-1n's, with the sole purpose of shipping them off to the
> importer in the tiniest Western-European country as giveaways to
> their most valued customers! (as claimed on /www.wide-angle.nl)

Actually, it is exactly the same thing.  The 25 golden OM-1n's which were
distributed in the Netherlands were created by the importer, Paes.  They
are *not* a product of Olympus Japan, unlike the gold Pen's which were
produced by Olympus Japan.  Whether or not someone considers these gold OM's
to be "Olympus" products is up to the individual.
                                                -mark