[OM] Re: Slik 88M (U212 Deluxe)

Subject: [OM] Re: Slik 88M (U212 Deluxe)
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 09:46:31 -0000
I think mine lacks some of the facilities you describe, or perhaps has a
different head. Or perhaps I just don't know how to use it! That's also
possible.

Mine has a single 1/4" mount which is lockable in position on an
excellent tilt/turn head. There is a second 1/4" mount down one of the
legs, which you can use  at almost any angle depending on how you
position the tripod. If you have extra support, you can use it to mount
two cameras (or other devices with 1/4" thread) effectively side-by-side
a short distance apart.

You can also use the leg mount to secure the camera on the tripod at
just over ground level, if that floats your boat.

The head itself can be wound up and down by means of a crank handle.

The whole tripod is very sturdy.

Regards,

Simon