[OM] Re: Homepage picture update

Subject: [OM] Re: Homepage picture update
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 06:57:39 -0800 (PST)
> The problem with workshops is that there is often too much
> standing around gabbing about equipment. There ought to be a
> rule.  But when people shut up and shoot, it's grand.

Agreed. My biggest beef about things like that is I pay big
money and sacrifice to make the trip. The last thing I want is
for it to be wasted on gab sessions about nothing.  We get
enough of that here.  ;)

> Gabbing about the equipment is for the drive.  (We did a bit
> of that, didn't we?)

To/from.  We actually kept the driving DURING the visit to a
minimum.  The Porcupines is a reasonably concentrated
photographic area.  You CAN drive a lot, but why?  There are
specific places you want to be during certain times of the day,
so that dictates a lot of the schedule. Save the fancy sitdown
meals at the roadkill cafe for the midday heat or after dark.
Under no circumstances do you miss sunrise up on the ridge or an
the rocky lakeshore.

BTW, I've already carved out my calendar for fall of 2006. At
this point I'm planning a full week or more in that region.
Depending on a few other things, I may also take a week and go
to Isle Royale in early September. I'm looking for others to
join me. I'll arrange the transportation, itiniary, and
accomodations and act as "tour guide/planner/executioner". As
stated previously, my camera equipment doubles as spares and
"communal property" for whomever needs it.  It isn't much, but
it's something. Another possibility is one of our National Parks
between Christmas and New Years Day.  This winter's workshop
plans didn't come together due to the time of year.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com