[OM] Re: OT: Adobe Lightroom - with grab

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Adobe Lightroom - with grab
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 23:18:53 -0600
On 1/15/06, Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Jan 2006, Joel Wilcox wrote:
> >
> >                                               I'm simply looking for
> > a method of reviewing RAW files quickly after uploading them from the
> > CF card.  For now Viewer has worked best for that, and I'm satisfied,
> > though I find Viewer a little "tetchy" from time to time, as though it
> > doesn't use memory efficiently.
>
> Have you tried dpMagic: http://www.dpmagic.com/products.html  It adds
> extensions to Windows Explorer so that you get thumbnails for ORF files.
>                                                 -mark

Thanks Mark.  What I'm looking for is the Explorer "preview"
capability.  It appears that the CE version (free) of dpMagic provides
thumbnails, but not the preview.

Irfanview works OK but is slow at opening the preview image.  Viewer
seems about the fastest on my machine.  I should just shut up and be
satisfied with it.

Joel W.