[OM] Zuiko 100mm F2 + 2X-A teleconvertor

Subject: [OM] Zuiko 100mm F2 + 2X-A teleconvertor
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 18:58:45 -0500
Hi,
One would always expect some image degradation with a 2X TC esp on the edges
due to the highly curved nature of the optics.  The TC also magnifies all the
aberrations in the attached lens.  The 1.4 X TC are said to degrade the image
less, as one would expect.  I only have a 4 element 2X TC and the 7 element
Tamron SP 2X BBAR for OM. Some combinations work quite satisfactorily if one is
careful to keep the obeject of interest in the sharpest portion of the field
and stop down enough.  I recall a very nice macro shot posted by Moose with a
flower and wasp a few months back with a TC.  I couldn't  relocate it with a
quick search.
Curiously while looking at a Tamron  adaptall review web site, I found a
reference that Tamron states some of their lenses degrade less with their TC
than equivalent extension despite no optical elements in the latter.
Hmmm, that was news to me.
Mike