[OM] Re: Macrophotography questions

Subject: [OM] Re: Macrophotography questions
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 08:45:08 -0800
The 50/3.5 has a very long focusing range. You don't really need the shorter
extention tubes unless you know that you won't be needing to focus at
infinity and you won't need to go to 1:1. You could save switching in and
out the tube if one of the shorter ones covered the range you were working
over. There are both automatic and manual versions. The difference in cost
is minimal. Go for the automatic so that you don't have to manually stop
down your lens.
-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Matthew Bristol" <bristolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Thanks to everyone for their tips!  I'll probably try to track down a
Zuiko 50/3.5.  I'll also try to pick up the three extension tubes, since
they can be found pretty cheaply.