[OM] Re: OT: B&W photo Site and musing

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: B&W photo Site and musing
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 14:08:05 -0400

> My one complaint about that particular set of photographs is the
> "sameness".  They're all "loud". As you look at the thumbnails,
> every one is exactly the same--just the composition is
> different.  Even though they possess "wow" factor, I think most
> of those pictures have a high burn factor.  Too heavily post
> processed for my blood.  I like manipulation, and I'm known for
> having a heavy hand with it, but sometimes you can take it to an
> extreme.  I wouldn't mind having one on a wall in my house,
> though.
>
> AG

My thoughts were that they were way too unrealistic, but I realize everybody
likes something different. I didn't happen to see the camera info with the
ones I looked at, but my thoughts were (thinking they were shot on film) -
These have to be heavily manipulated, and probably in a digital photo
editor, even if they were originally shot with film.

My favorite film is E100VS, so I'm not adverse to pictures which are over
the top :-). But these B&w pics wouldn't be something I'd hang on a wall.

Wayne