[OM] Re: New toy!

Subject: [OM] Re: New toy!
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 14:34:17 -0500
Tired of wimpy cars?  Wan't to light up all four tires at once?  You
need a Tommy Ivo "Showboat".  Four fuel injected 464 cubic inch Buicks
driving all four wheels.  Scroll down here to see them all lit up.
<http://www.wediditforlove.com/diecast/GMP-Ivo-Showboat.shtml>

I used to watch Tommy run this car at the Irwindale, CA drag strip when
I was a kid in high school circa 1960.  What a sound.

Ah!  Irwindale.  Closed now I think.  The Corps of Engineers built a
flood control project across one end of the track.  I flew off the end
of the track one night and over a drop off with the local constabulary
in pursuit of we illegal drag racers.  Survived it OK but I thought I
was going to go through the bottom of the seat when the suspension
bottomed out.  I might have seen the drop off if I had my lights on.
Oh, well.  Hope my kids never did the kind of things I did.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt