[OM] Stock photography, episode 482

Subject: [OM] Stock photography, episode 482
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 12:10:58 -0800 (PST)
Recently I submitted images to that well known stock agency in
the UK that is known for chomping down on those who shoot with
DSLRs of less than 6MP.  Well, my images passed QC without any
problems whatsoever.  And they were a combination of Minolta A1
and Olympus E-1 images.

The exif data had the camera listed quite prominantly in it and
I made no efforts in disguising the source. I wanted to know for
sure whether or not my camera gear would satisfy.

The key is to follow every other criteria TO THE LETTER! Oh, and
make sure you've got good images to start with.  Schlock doesn't
fly.

We'll see how this agency does.  I'm doing searches of their
database and finding entire categories, subjects and places not
listed.  I have noooo problem shooting to fill the voids.
Always in the past I never knew for sure what the agencies had
on hand and my shots always got buried in the masses of similars
resulting in less than steller sales.  How was I supposed to
know that they already had 7200 pictures in the files of "Child
Reading Book".  After a while I just stopped caring.

I'm going to run a few hundred pictures through them to see how
this agency does--using different RM/RF settings and a few
keyword tests.  If it does well, I'll buy a Minolta Scanner and
free up many of the 20,000 images locked away in my file
drawers.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com