[OM] Re: [OT] Monitor brightness level

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Monitor brightness level
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 20:15:56 -0800
Andrew Dacey wrote:

>On Jan 18, 2006, at 6:30 PM, Moose wrote:
>
>>You really don't have a choice for either setting when calibrating a
>>monitor. The calibration programs require certain settings, read the
>>results off the screen and have you modify settings until the hardware
>>piece reads correct colors. If you then change any monitor setting,
>>you
>>have wasted the cost of the calibration system and your time in using
>>it. BTW, they usually set contrast to 100%.
>>

>Yes, if you change it afterwards. I just wasn't sure what it's
>"looking" for when you do the callibration.

Those requirements are very specific, you can't start from wherever you
wish.. With Monaco, and I believe with others, Contrast is to be always
at 100%. Then you set brightness to 0, then 100% while it measures, then
it has you set brightness to the correct level by adjusting it while the
puck measures and a guide shows if you are over or under the desired
level. It is only after that that it goes on to color.

Moose