[OM] Re: OT..but Optical

Subject: [OM] Re: OT..but Optical
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 20:20:24 -0800
After much agonizing I opted for these:
<http://www.buytelescopes.com/product.asp?t=&pid=5244&m=>
Grey market price of about $425-450

This was after looking at many different models including the ones you
mention. I narrowed it down to the Pentax or Leica BN's. Finally opted
for the Pentax because I couldn't see the difference in quality beyond
_maybe_ slightly more color fringing. The Pentax had better eye relief
which is a huge benefit for an eyeglass wearer, (the Zeiss failed here),
and of course the Pentax were much cheaper. I'd do it again. Strongly
recommend actually trying before buying as YMMV

Mike