[OM] Re: Zuiko 18/3.5 lens, any comment?

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko 18/3.5 lens, any comment?
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 08:55:23 -0000
Others have given good advice on price levels, Jim.  I would add, as a
former Tamron 17/3.5 and current Zuiko 18/3.5 owner, that the Zuiko is very
considerably lighter and more compact than the Tamron, but it only fits OM
mount (as if that is a problem!).

Also, be aware that there are two versions of the Tamron, the earlier of
which (Model 51B) has built-in filters, the latter (Model 151B) needing a
Tamron branded hood to fit 82mm filters (though they fit inside the hood,
not on the outside edge as with the Olympus 49-72).  Make sure you get the
hood, last time I looked they were available from Tamron, but costing about
USD50.

--
Piers