[OM] Re: Konica Minolta withdraw from camera business: Digital Photograp

Subject: [OM] Re: Konica Minolta withdraw from camera business: Digital Photography Review
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 05:27:27 -0800 (PST)
> Well, here's one out of left field.  I don't think any of the
> prognosticators predicted this one.  As Yogi Berra said: "It's
> tough to make predictions, especially about the future."

Ouch.  What next?  Pentax gives the photo business to Samsung?
This NOT a good thing for the industry.  At least Konica-Minolta
still has copy machines to sell.  For now.

I like my A1 (last Minolta badged camera made) and was secretely
hoping for a successor.

Sony is the big winner in this. They gain not only a foothold
into the SLR world, but also will most likely get the transfer
of a lot of patents.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com