[OM] Re: [OT]Beer

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT]Beer
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 06:49:30 -0800 (PST)
  Just a couple of notes on the subject...
  1.  The alcohol content of the beer has nothing to do with how "thin" or
"watered down" it tastes...
  2.  To a Brit, ( especially older generation...:) anything less than a "meal
in a glass" tastes like a piss and is defined as "grassy" at best (Heinneken
and the likes for those in US).  I also enjoy fuller body beers, but also enjoy
drinking the Grolsh and Urquell Pilsner at my friend's house, which are
somewhat decent beers.  Yes, you can enjoy a Bud in a hot summer day if you are
willing to accept that lagers and pilsners are also beers...such as ales and
porters, etc...
  3.  Let's face it, we live in societies obsessed with "maximizing the
profit", so most of us don't have an access to good beer.  Real beer starts
getting cloudy between the fifth and seventh day after brewing...by the tenth,
you see rag-like formations floating in it...there is a lot of compromizing
going on just to extend the "shelf life".
  Boris

Yahoo! Photos