[OM] Re: Zuiko 18/3.5 lens, any comment?

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko 18/3.5 lens, any comment?
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 14:46:00 -0000
You were not wrong, Paul, it was an 85/2, set at f/11, moreover:
www.hemy.me.uk/Miscellany/UKZA2004-2.jpg

Andrew speculated that the watch might be a Rolex - I couldn't possibly say,
but if anyone wants a closer look:
www.hemy.me.uk/Miscellany/UKZA2004-1.jpg

Both of these scans are from VueScan, and pretty much untouched.
Yesterday's was from N*konScan, reduced to mono because of the awful colour.
I have previously looked at VueScan, and was not bowled over, but have
become increasingly disappointed by the results from the 4000ED running on
N*konScan.  I had assumed the scanner needed a clean.  This decides it - a
clean might be in order, but the results from VueScan "straight out of the
box" are splendidly better.  If I say "recommended" I know that I am
preaching to the (largely) converted, but recommended anyway!

--
Piers