[OM] Re: [OT]Beer

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT]Beer
From: David Thatcher <davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 02:14:52 +1030
On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 08:53:39AM +1100, Andrew Fildes wrote:

> I like Coopers - cloudy from day one. Red label normally and Pale Ale
> on a warm day 35degC and up). Sediment, sure, but no
> 'formations' (erk). It's 'real' - honest.
> AndrewF

And it doesn't have a 'best before:' date on the bottle... it is printed
with a 'BEST AFTER:' date! I have seen 'formations' or 'toenails' in
older stock, but roll it around for a few seconds prior to opening - no
problem!

My tipple used to be their yellow label (stout), even moderately
experienced bar staff have trouble pouring this successfully. Problem is
it continues to make me portlier & portlier. So now it's the red label
(sparkling ale). My good lady wife likes the green label (pale ale).

Up until recently this company used to deliver in the inner Adelaide
suburbs using a cart drawn by a couple of Clydesdales...

davidt
Adelaide,
South Australia