[OM] Re: Calling for opinions on the 7-14 Zoom

Subject: [OM] Re: Calling for opinions on the 7-14 Zoom
From: "om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 11:52:21 -0500
The ZD 7-14 has been lauded as a superior lens with ultra-low distortion.
It's a pro-caliber lens and priced accordingly.  It also has a huge front
element and it a relatively heavy lens.

The 11-22, which I have, is a mid-line lens with ED elements.  I've had
superb results with it and haven't hankered for the extra difference yet.
The 7-14 is REALLY wide, where the 11-22 is only very wide.  :-)

If your friend has the cash and frequently uses 35mm FL's in the 14mm to
21mm range, then it's the best lens of it's type available, and the only
game for the E-Series.

Skip