[OM] Re: Q: Split Filters with the E-system

Subject: [OM] Re: Q: Split Filters with the E-system
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 14:58:20 -0500
This raises an interesting point.  I typically custom WB whenever I
can but I rarely use filters for my digital work so I have no idea how
to approach that.

For instance, if I want to shoot something a bit warm, would I set the
custom WB then use the appropriate filter?

Of course some would say simply fix it in PS but I usually prefer to
get it right in camera to avoid the extra time that post production
entails.

ScottGee1

On 1/20/06, AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Joel wrote:
> > Has anyone used graduated ND (split) filters with their
> > E-system camera and lenses?
>
> I'm finding that filters in front of the lens messes up the WB
> as well as the metering system. The camera is definitely doing
> some matrix-metering utilizing color-temperature as well as true
> EV values. (my Minolta A1 takes it to another level, though).
SNIP!