[OM] Re: I've got an E-1 among others

Subject: [OM] Re: I've got an E-1 among others
From: John Wheeler <wheelej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 10:21:42 +1100
G'day Johan,

Your story is so like mine that I had to respond. Next month I'll be
exactly twice your age but one of the cameras you mentioned, the
Hasselblad, struck a chord. I bought a used one in the early eighties,
it had the Planar 2.8/85, a fabulous lens. I used the camera for taking
set-ups on machine tools in our small engineering business but of course
also used it for taking personal pics. But the cost of extra lenses even
secondhand was so prohibitive that when we sold the business in '84 I
let the camera go with it. I've been sorry ever since!

But having recently acquired a nice black OM-2n to add to several others
on the shelf I'm happy, particularly as the results from my year old Oly
C-8080 digital have also been good.

I'm now tossing up between the E-500 and the Canon 350D for a DSLR after
the penny jar gets full again.

Regards,
John,
Sydney, Oz.