[OM] Re: Konica Minolta withdraw from camera business: Digital

Subject: [OM] Re: Konica Minolta withdraw from camera business: Digital
From: "Paul Martinez" <pdmphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 21:23:30 -0800
I've shot with both and the Canons metering doesn't matched up to the
honeycomb metering of the Minolta for difficult lighting situations. The
Canon is fine in 95% of situations, but the Minolta metering goes beyond
that. That was all film based though.

I now shoot Canon FF digital and I agree Canon can't make a decent wide
angle for full frame. Why else are so many Canon FF digital users going to
Nikon, Zuiko, Zeiss, and Leica for their wide angle needs. A good 17-40 (not
easy to come by), can be decent but even that doesn't live up to the Nikon
17-35 when you start looking at the corners of the frame.

Paul