[OM] E-1 - questions

Subject: [OM] E-1 - questions
From: "Martyn Smoothy" <mds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 16:23:59 -0000
Couple of basic questions from an E-1 novice:

I've noticed there are a lot of cheap 3rd party batteries advertised on
0-boy, anyone used them? Do they do the job OK or is it worth paying the
extra for the Oly version? Definitely need a spare battery of some sort.

Flash - in the manual there is a dire warning that some non-dedicated flash
guns may damage the electronics of the E-1. I was thinking of trying some of
the OM flashes (F280, T10, T20, T28 & T32) - anyone tried this? Any
problems? I did think that the instant feedback from the E-1 would be a good
way to experiment with flash more than I usually do.

Thanks - Martyn Smoothy