[OM] Re: New toy photos

Subject: [OM] Re: New toy photos
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 17:04:58 -0800
Johan Malmstrom wrote:

>Walt that is a nice manure mover! That car look really nice, why didn't you
>say so from the beginning? All that talk about horsepower's, top speed and
>uninteresting things. You got a really nice looking car. But why do you need
>all that motors for? I don't get it.

It's a 'Murkin thing. The hot rod mentality lives on and on. The SSR
only comes with the big motor, no smaller choices.

My guess is that, as a limited productin vehicle, aimed at a specific
niche market, they don't particularly want to offer anything else and
anyway it would cost too much in engineering to do so for the limited
production.

Too bad, too. It's a pretty attractive package for me in many ways. I'm
hooked on convertibles and harbor possible plans to tour the country by
road. So the hard convertible top and the extensive hidden storage space
are pretty attractive, but the prospect of gas expense for that 6 liter
motor is a bit daunting. Don't get me wrong, I think the big motor would
be fun.  But where's the 250hp v6? And where can I hide now?? :-)

Moose