[OM] Re: Manufacturers tests published, of their own lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: Manufacturers tests published, of their own lenses
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 15:52:13 +1100
Not just China! A friend bought a Leica R 21-35mm used/mint and found
it to be really soft. That's possibly why he got a good deal on it.
Sent it back to Leica in Germany and to their credit they fixed it
for free but refused to discuss the problem or even admit that
anything had been fixed - just 'ze lens is verking correctly' and it
is too - violently sharp. He knows that they opened it though.  It
may have helped that said friend is a German speaking engineer who
knew what he needed to say.
AndrewF