[OM] Re: E-1 - questions

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 - questions
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 07:38:46 -0500
But even the Quick Auto flashes should be usable in the BG-1 and hooked
up to the PC connection which is rated for 250 volts.  I've found a lot
of wildly varying measures for QA 310 trigger voltage reported on the
net but nothing over 250 volts.  Besides, I'd guess that, in good
engineering fashion, if the PC connection is stated as good to 250 volts
it's probably using components rated to 500 volts.

A question I don't know the anwser to is whether the hot shoe on the E-1
is also good to 250 volts.  Oly does not make that clear.  Maybe Tim
knows.  Does the QA 310 retract its control pins ala T-32 when it's not
in an OM TTL compatible shoe?

Chuck Norcutt