[OM] Re: WTB Zuiko 24/2.8

Subject: [OM] Re: WTB Zuiko 24/2.8
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 16:57:01 -0000
No, it isn't a monster at all, Chris:

Filter diameter: 77mm with hood 27FH
Weight: 346 g
Maximum diameter X total length: 64.5mmx65.5mm

In other words, comparable in size to the S Zuiko 35-70 (the Cosina made
olastic-bodied design) and somewhat smaller and lighter than the Zuiko
35-70/3.6.  Admittedly, it is double the length and weight of the Zuiko
24/2.8.

Yhe hood is a bit of an oddity.  As Bill says, the hood isessential if you
want to mount filters, but if you do so, you can make the problems worse,
since strong light from behind the photographer can show at the edges of the
frame if the subject is dark!  It took me a while to work out that the
"flare" was coming in through the back of the hood and reflecting back off
the inner surface of the filter - once you know, it is not hard to make the
necessary adjustments.

--
Piers