[OM] Re: Q: Split Filters with the E-system

Subject: [OM] Re: Q: Split Filters with the E-system
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 13:55:39 -0800 (PST)
Joel wrote:
> As you may know, I did a sort of dry run of Ken's anticipated
> Upper Michigan extravaganza workshop last fall, even providing
> the transportation (and sleeping accommodations -- a van big
> enough to house Esly's new truck).  I have been to that area
> on three previous occasions and last fall's was the best trip
> of them all.  Highly recommended.

Thanks for the plug.  I promise that air-conditioned vehicles
will be available...  :)

It was a bit of an abberation, this past trip.  The weather was
faultless and WARM!  Fall in the U.P. is not normally shorts and
t-shirt weather.  The bugs along the shoreline quickly made
apparent the error of my clothing choice that morning.

The planned excursion this fall will have the benefit of motel
accomodations. The location is minutes from the entrance to the
park and within 45 minutes drive from nearly every location on
the must-visit list. My wife and I discovered the place last
spring when we tried tent-camping in monsoon weather. For the
sake of domestic tranquility, we roughed it in this particular
nearby motel. I've been arranging with them for a decent group
rate as well as full access to their gathering room as well as
custom meals/mealtimes in their restaurant. Alternatively, there
is another place that is a tad fancier, but about double the
price.  Neither one is called the "Bates Motel" though.  Oh, an
advantage to the fleebag, oops, I meant lower-cost motel is the
bears. The black bears hole up right near the motel and make
their presence known a couple predictable times a day. But, in
the end it comes down to who has the best package deal and ESPN.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com