[OM] [OT] More Snow

Subject: [OM] [OT] More Snow
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 10:18:00 -0700
I survived a weekend of skiing at Teton Village but not entirely intact. I
have a sore knee, sore neck muscles, and a scab on my lip. It was a most
interesting crash and I have no idea what caused it. It happened early and
kept me from skiing in the trees much for the rest of the day. The snow was
wonderful but there were problems with the visibility much of the time. Lots
of people were jumping off cliffs and having a good time skiing all the
"bad" places.  Some of the cliffs are over 90 feet high and the jumpers have
been very busy there for the past two weeks as the snow is deep and soft for
landings. This mountain has a vertical drop of 4160 vertical feet and has a
lot of very steep places. It's beautiful when you can see it. This time it
was snowing too hard for photography. /jmac