[OM] DSLR with EFV?

Subject: [OM] DSLR with EFV?
From: "Wiliam Wagenaar" <wiliam@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 21:13:24 +0100
Hi,

I was just thinking about an EFV built into a DSLR and how I would go about
it from an engineering point of view (Like Olympus I like to think outside
the box and off th e beaten track).

I would try to laminate a second CCD (low-res, equal to the EVF resolution)
onto the DSLR mirror. This way the shutter could stay in place and the miror
still moves up before an exposure is made. The concept of a SLR would not be
compromised in any way. The electronic connection to the SLR housing should
be made of a flexible strip, but that should not be too hard.

You would have to make some device in front of the second CCD to divert the
light right into the sensor instead of under the 45 degree angle.

If there would be a way to let the sensor gather enough light and to reflact
light into the usual pentaprism it would even be feasible to have both an
optical and an electrinic viewfinder combined in one SLR.

Food for thought?

Anyones comments on the feasibility of this?

Wiliam Wagenaar