[OM] Re: Recent airline reviews?

Subject: [OM] Re: Recent airline reviews?
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 15:31:08 -0800
Sorry, didn't mean to be so cryptic. According to my stewardess
friend, the "reorganization" has not gone well for the employees--
ground and flight crews. Maintenance has been out-sourced to
Singapore. A mechanic friend of hers who had been sent there to
inspect the work of the new maintenance crews was brought back home
because he refused to sign off on something like 400 still-
outstanding items from his inspection. I'm sure none of them were
life-threatening, but could have been annoying, like non-functional
headphones or some such. Last time I flew Northwest on the way home
from Cleveland I got bumped from two different flights on the same
day because of mechanical problems. Ended up spending a night in
Detroit because we missed the last flight out from Detroit to
Seattle, which meant I missed half of a conference at which I was
supposed to be speaking, back in Seattle. What was supposed to be a 9-
hour transit took 30. Very frustrating.

The one bonus was that I got to listen to a whole group of people
doing Motown kareoke at the Best Western near the airport. Maybe
there's a theme here.....

Rob in Seattle