[OM] Re: HU: 18mm f3.5 at . . .

Subject: [OM] Re: HU: 18mm f3.5 at . . .
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 20:24:15 -0800
NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:

>Wonder what one without the scuff, with the 49-72mm step up ring and a hard
>case might be worth?  Just wondering, not planning on selling it.  Bet  with
>the step up ring and a thin filter, the scuff could have been  avoided.

Well, according to olympususa, the hard case is worth $99 alone
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7583612793>. And you
left out the special deep front lens cap. Lens cap and 49-72 is probably
another $100++. That get you up to about $800, plus whatever the lack of
a scuff is worth...

Mine has the lens cap and 49-72 adapter/hood, mint- cosmetics and
perfect glass. I don't have the hard case, and wouldn't pay much for
one. I have a no-name hard case that perfectly fits it with 49-72 and
72mm lens cap mounted. Far more practical to my mind. I can't imagine
when I would want to use it without the protection that the hood gives
to the protruding front element, So what would be the point of getting
it out, removing special cap and attaching the hood and its cap, then
doing the reverse - every time I use it? Just a good way to scuff up the
FE with all that extra handling.

Some Oly stuff has gone down, but this isn't one. I got mine with cap,
hood, generic case, generic 72mm cap for less than this one without
necessary bits and with scuff went for.

Moose