[OM] Re: Upsizing E-1 prints

Subject: [OM] Re: Upsizing E-1 prints
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 15:04:11 -0800 (PST)
> I asume you meant to say "light sharpening"?

No. Tight sharpening.  It may take two or three passes to
accomplish it.  The USM "sharpening" that is typically used in
camera as well as most "default" settings in software have too
wide of a setting and give you halos immediately. What I do is
restrict the width of the USM and apply a more aggressive
amount. I watch high contrast parts of the picture and if I see
any reversal going on I back it off and then back it off a touch
more.  On really picky pictures I'll do this two or three times
with slightly varied widths.  I developed this based on a lot of
practice with res charts.

> HSV?

HSL

AG