[OM] Re: ZD 8mm fisheye

Subject: [OM] Re: ZD 8mm fisheye
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 19:30:22 +1100
I like to think of it in this way. While a super-wide non-fisheye
(rectilinear) tends to 'stretch' the image at the edges, causing
vignetting (the same amount of light has to do more work), a fisheye
has to cram an entire hemisphere into a circular image - which causes
severe compression effects towards the edges. Stuffing too much light
into a smaller space causes the colours to dull.
How's that for an explanation? :-)
AndrewF