[OM] Re: Irritating question #183--Which scanner to get

Subject: [OM] Re: Irritating question #183--Which scanner to get
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 04:08:24 -0800
Nils Frohberg wrote:

>On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 04:24:00PM -0800, Moose wrote:
>

>The FS4000 has an USB option. Just need to flip a switch under the unit.
>But SCSI is the way to go, indeed.

Oh yes, I forgot. But it is 1.1, and slow. There were several comments
on forums about how much faster it got when switched from USB to SCSI.
So I just blanked it out as an option. :-)

>I'm also very happy with it for color slides. I tried a few B&W pictures
>(for approx 15min), which turned out to be too dense. I don't know if it
>was the scanner or simply me using wrong settings.

I can't imagine it would be hard to get the right exposure in VueScan.
I've never used the Canoscan software that comes with it.

Moose