[OM] Re: Zuiko 300mm on E question

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko 300mm on E question
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 09:20:53 -0600
> When using the Zuiko 300mm Lens on an E-series camera w/ the adapter -
> does it in fact
> become a 600mm? Isnt that overkill when taking wildlife shots or photos at
> a zoo?
Probably at the zoo, but certainly not outdoors. My wife has make three
African safaris. The first was with an IS-3 with the 300mm converter. While
the quality of the photos were quite good, they tended to be too wide, so
she got a N80 and an 80-400VR zoom. the next two safaris produced better
photos in reard to composition (I honestly prefer the IS3 photos, though),
but there were still times where she didn't get as close as she wished,
while there were no situations where she was too close (She also has another
N80 with a 24-85). On her next trip, in about 18 months, she will take the
N80-24-85 combo, but the 80-400 will go on her new D70s, giving her roughly
120-600. I sure hope it makes her happy. They don't make a 1000mmVR lens,
and in most situations, a tripod isn't practical, as most shooting is from a
land rover, and the carnivores are too close for them to get out.

Bill Pearce