[OM] Hungry Mother, Virginia

Subject: [OM] Hungry Mother, Virginia
From: robburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 20:30:21 +0000

There is a local legend about the origin of that name. It seems that someone
long ago found a lost little girl near a wagon trail passing through the area.
In backtracking the little girl's footprints while looking for her parents all
that
was found was wagon prints in the dirt and and two little footprints that
suddenly appeared where the child's trail began. It looked as though someone
had simply sat her down from the wagon and gone on without her. The parents
were never found. According to the story, the little girl's first words were
"Hungry, mother." Hence the name.

Robert