[OM] Re: [OT] Re: opinion on Lacie external drive

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Re: opinion on Lacie external drive
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 20:48:07 -0800
Bill Pearce wrote:

> They buy generic drives (WD, Maxtor, etc). and put
>

>>them in a 'porsche' case and charge a lot.
>>

>Not only that, but the rear end gets really loose in hard cornering!

I thought they didn't do that any more. My '71 911 did get pretty
exciting on a few occasions.

For a loose rear end, though, try driving a '56 Beetle like a crazed
teenager. I learned a lot that stood me in good stead later with the
911. But that time going sideways down the freeway at 60 was a bit much.
I though my date was going to have a heart attack. 8-)

Moose