[OM] Re: Now is that a sweet camera or what?

Subject: [OM] Re: Now is that a sweet camera or what?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 21:53:45 -0800
AG Schnozz wrote:

>www.pma-show.com
>
>New E-330.  Now the shape makes sense. This camera could very
>well replace my A1.

Very clever solution using the different light path of the 300 and a
separate sensor for the LCD image. It gave an opportunity that doesn't
exist in conventional pentaprism designs. Good for them!

If the get the price right, this could be a really big breakthrough for
Oly. Makes the Sony DSC-R1 look far less interesting. If the price is
right, they should sell a lot of them, more or less no matter how well
they perform by serious standards. What a natural step up for digicam
and prosumer users!  Packaging with the 14-45/3.5-5.6 is natural for the
price point.

And if they got the ergonomic and performance details right, it could be
a real classic. The 14-45/3.5-5.6 isn't going to be a classic with it,
I'll bet. With the already slightly dim viewfinder and the added loss
from the partially silvered mirror, I'll bet the f5.6 end of the zoom in
dim through the viewfinder. Good thing there is the LCD.  :-) The faster
zooms should be great.

This is the first new Oly in ages that excites me. May or may not be
what I'll end up wanting, but at least it's really interesting and
innovative!

Moose