[OM] Re: 5D anyone?

Subject: [OM] Re: 5D anyone?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 07:06:52 -0500
I have to agree that it is overexposed but I think your fixes have gone
a little too far in the opposite direction.  Definitely more pop! but
too contrasty for my taste since much of the shadow detail has been
lost.  In any case, not bad for stepping outside the door, aiming,
focusing and popping the shutter.  Had this thing been shot in raw it's
clear there would be a lot of detail that could be drawn out.

My main point in taking this shot with a 17mm lens was to see if I could
see evidence of lots of purple fringing or any other uglies that are
supposed to appear with non-telecentric wide angle lenses on full frame
cameras.  I didn't find any uglies so I'm happy.

And it sure is nice to have a big viewfinder again.

Chuck Norcutt