[OM] Re: OT Wellness [was Upsizing E-1 prints]

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Wellness [was Upsizing E-1 prints]
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 09:29:41 -0600
On 1/26/06, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sometimes, changes in language aren't just some degenerative process,
> but intentional and thoughtful changes and/or additions.

We had a course once called "Health and Wellness."  I always
interpreted the "health" part to be non-deliberative (i.e., health is
a certain state of nature) and "wellness" is deliberative (i.e., you
the informed, conscious being get to make some thoughtful decisions
about promoting and influencing your own health).

"Wellness" is perhaps a better synonym for "healthfulness" than for
"health" (but someone might object to that word as much as wellness).

Joel W.