[OM] Re: WTB: 2-3 MP point & shoot

Subject: [OM] Re: WTB: 2-3 MP point & shoot
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 23:26:46 -0800
Chuck Norcutt wrote:

>OK, thanks.  See what I said about model of the week?
>
>Ali wrote:
>
>>No I have one ... takes CF. I made an error on the model - its an S110 .My
>>wife is using it
>>currently at her school. Its an older model....all steel on the outside.

I think the S110 is a splendid little 2mp camera in many regards. The
one drawback it has in common with others of its era is slow shutter
response. With relatively slow moving subjects, it's great
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/Glads/pages/10-1053.htm>. All the
shots in that gallery were taken with the S110
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/Glads/pages/14-1075_.htm>. With moving
targets, it's trickier, but with care, they can be captured
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/Girls/index.htm>.

Works fine outdoors too.  Quite a few of the shots in my Yosemite
gallery are with the S110, like this
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/Yosemite/pages/02043A07.htm>, and
including the 14 starting with this one
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/Yosemite/pages/105-0569_IMG.htm>.
All the shots on the first page of this gallery were taken with it
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/Calif/index.htm>. As were these
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/MPhotos/Submarine/>. Even point and
shooters can do well with it, as Carol Anne proved on trips to NY
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Lotus.htm> and San Simeon
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Dessert.htm>.

Moose