[OM] Re: My second DZ lens, not a moment too soon

Subject: [OM] Re: My second DZ lens, not a moment too soon
From: "Fenwick,Thomas,YORK,GROUP IS" <Thomas.Fenwick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 10:20:11 -0000

>Exposure is being determined with the lens wide open. The
>dimming properties of the stock screen is probably more linear
>than the Katzeye.

>AG
Yup; from the Katzeye site:
--------------------------
Katz Eye(tm) Focusing Screen for the Olympus E-1

General and Metering Information

snip>The split prism with microprism ring is a great combination for focusing
in a variety of situations and it has only a minimal effect on metering with
the E-1. In ESP or centerweighted modes, it showed no effect on the meter with
lenses f2.8 or better. Lenses with a maximum aperture of f3.5 or slower may
show metering shifts of 1/2 to 1 f-stops toward over-exposure in these modes.
In the spot metering mode, there will be no effect under most conditions, with
a maximum change measured of 1/3 f-stops toward over-exposure.<snip
---------------------------

Tom

==== PLEASE NOTE ==== This email is for the intended recipient only and
is confidential. If this email has been misdirected, please let the
sender know and delete it. Any disclosure, copying, distribution is
prohibited. Although we take great care to protect our network from
computer viruses, we accept no responsibility for mail-borne viruses
and recommend that you scan the email and its attachments. If you do
find any virus please let us know so that we may take appropriate
action. For the legal protection of our business any email sent or
received by us may be monitored or intercepted. For details of the
registered offices of the companies using this email gateway please see
http://www.nestle.co.uk/registeredoffices ====================