[OM] Re: Irritating question #183--Which scanner to get

Subject: [OM] Re: Irritating question #183--Which scanner to get
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 14:59:21 +0000
Somebody said something about the Minolta 5400 taking negatives in strips of
four.  Actually, the holder takes strips of six.  All my B&W stuff, which I
process myself, is in strips of six.  Most of the color negatives, though, are
in strips of four.  Anyway, if you've got six-negative pieces, don't be put off
by this bit of misinformation.  The slide holder takes four at a time.  I'm
satisfied with the Minolta, increasingly so after I learned how to use it.  The
manual focus can be very useful sometimes, and I actually prefer the Minolta
software to Vuescan.  Since I'm not selling either, I have no dog in this
fight, so go with the gut and good luck.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --