[OM] Re: e-330, is this what we have been waiting for from

Subject: [OM] Re: e-330, is this what we have been waiting for from
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 07:03:07 -0800 (PST)
  They are definitely going in the right direction, but I still remain
pessimistic.  Just from past experience, Olympus has been always late to come
aboard, delivery was way late after the announcement and when the product was
delivered it was ?almost there?, but not quiet.  Not to mention that design and
build to cost is not much of priority at this company.
  It would be nice if this LCD comes out and flips 270 degrees as my Minolta?s
instead just tilting it.  This is what is going to make a real difference, but
nooo...  And it is not really that much more complicated.  The possibility is
endless when you put the camera on a mono/tripod, use it as an extension of
your arm and fire it with the remote control.
  It would be nice to have continuous AF and point AF that you can move and
focus at any point in the finder along with some kind of focusing aid, such as
the 10X image magnification/illumination when focusing manually, especially in
the dark.  We will see if that is implemented?
  In addition to that, I have no idea when Olympus is going to implement some
IS system in their cameras/lenses?
  Don?t hold your breath that anyone with a high end digicam will just throw it
away and rush to the stores to ?upgrade? to a camera whose difference in image
quality really starts showing after one prints above 8X10.
  Painful, but true.
  Boris