[OM] Re: Irritating question #183--Which scanner to get

Subject: [OM] Re: Irritating question #183--Which scanner to get
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 13:57:18 -0800 (PST)
Joel wrote;
> What Ag Schnozz has been able to do with my old LS-20 and
> Vuescan is unreal.

Thanks.  Me and Vuescan have finally hit the brick wall with it
though.  There comes a point where you really can't squeeze
anything more from a scanner.  But I thought that several months
ago before some odd upgrade that Hamrick made. Instantly the
pictures were much sharper.

What's interesting is that I've been able to take what I've
learned from my DSLRs and apply it to the scanner and
vice-versa. After all, they're both digital "cameras".

I'd be great if Hamrick and RawShooter could join forces. Man,
with that detail extraction algorithm in Rawshooter combined
with Vuescan's scanner control and color engine...

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com