[OM] Re: [SemiOT] Mac choices for Photoshop

Subject: [OM] Re: [SemiOT] Mac choices for Photoshop
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 17:52:59 -0800
Unless you just want IBM processors I would wait. Apple has pretty
much promised to change over to Intel chips completely this year.
There was a significant bump in speed for the first two. You might
get speed equal to the quad core for much less money by waiting a few
months.

I don't know about speed improvements with the quad core. I am sure
it has been tested independently. I know my old, slow 1gig dual
processor PowerMac is way, way faster than my newer 1.3gig Powerbook
when dealing with Photoshop. I don't know whether PS is written to
take advantage of additonal processors.

I looked around. Barefeats has a test. 4 is much better than 2.

http://www.barefeats.com/quad02.html

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA