[OM] Johnston Blog

Subject: [OM] Johnston Blog
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 00:19:24 -0800
I had forgotten about Mike Johnston's blog and looked tonight finding
many interesting things, well expressed. Among other things I was
amused to find that the Canon Rebel which is used by some to mount
their OM lenses is, in Japan, the Canon Kiss.  Now that is a manly
camera and probably explains why size and weight are so important. Or
maybe someone who is able to comfortably hang a Canon Kiss around his
neck is more manly than the rest.

His final paragraphs on the gobbling up of Konica by Sony after being
eaten by Minolta managed to make me feel sad which is something I
almost never do about old technology. Konica was Japan's oldest
camera maker going back to 1873 and it made some interesting cameras
with fine optics. I almost bought one of those neat Koni Omega Rapid
M press cameras some years ago when I was thinking about a larger
format.

http://theonlinephotographer.blogspot.com/

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA