[OM] Re: Latest E-thingy convert

Subject: [OM] Re: Latest E-thingy convert
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 10:37:25 -0600
On 1/29/06, Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Two minutes ago I pulled the trigger on a E-500 twin lens kit from Cameta.
>
> This is the die-hard analogue guy who said he'd be sticking with b&w film
> forever.  But that E-thingy bug has been gnawing away at me for a while now
> and all the digital photography podcasts I've been listening to have tipped
> me over the edge.  I hope all you enablers out there are happy...

I guess more than anything I would say welcome to the world of DZ
lenses.  I have no idea whether the E-500 is a better value at the
moment than the E-300, which I suspect as of 1/26 might have become a
little easier to be had, or whether it might have been worth waiting
for the E-330 kit, or for the E-2.  Regardless, I think you'll really
have fun with those lenses.  If 4/3 is to be boxed in, turn the lock
and throw away the key.  Cheers!

Joel W.