[OM] Re: [OT] Hassy 39mp

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Hassy 39mp
From: "tOM Trottier" <tOM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 16:25:47 -0500
Save up your money if you want the new Hassy! Pricing on the H2D is
expected to be about $31,000, with the backs going for similar prices,
with the exception of the CF-39MS, which will go for close to $40,000.
http://www.engadget.com/2006/01/11/hasselblad-h2d-39-megapixel-medium-format-digicam/

The sensor is NOT square - it is  36.7 x 49.0 mm
Raw capture is 78MB. This is "quadrupled" for the "multishot" back which
exposes colours (4?) separately.
http://www.dcviews.com/press/pdffiles/Hasselblad-CF39.pdf

Andalmost as good as film from an OM, but a little heavier

As for ASA 468,000, I think you'd need the detector at absolute zero and
an exemption from the laws of physics.

What I'd like to see is a square or round format digital camera which can
use the entire image circle from 35mm lenses. Then you could get more
resolution, more image, with the same lenses. If round, you could choose
your rectangle, if you wanted one..

tOM

On 30 Jan 2006 at 12:45,
AG Schnozz <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > 35 frames per minute at a lossless 39 mp is pretty impressive.
> > http://www.digitalcamerawebsites.com/node/527
>
> One area where Canon is vulnerable is in the studio. There are
> reasons why the larger physical format is advantages for studio
> work.  Sharpness at certain apertures as well as optical
> characteriscs lean towards medium format.  Not to mention the
> more squarish image format.
>
> If I had a commercial studio, this camera would instantly find a
> home in it.  The ad agencies will give you a lot more respect
> (and business) if they know you're not shooting with a Digital
> Rebel on steroids.
>
> The 35mm format was never liked before and only tolerated since.
>
> But for me, I'll wait a couple of years (at least) and pick up
> one on ebay for $1340 USD.  By then Canon will have a 1.3 GB
> CMOS sensor that takes noiseless pictures at ISO 468000.
>
> AG

---

          -- Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur --
   ,__@         tOM Trottier, 758 Albert St,
 _-\_<,         Ottawa ON Canada  K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)        N45.412 W75.714 +1 613 860-6633
                Abacurial Information Architecture
                            SETI stats

                This world, after all our science and
             sciences, is still a miracle; wonderful,
           inscrutable, magical and more, to whosoever
                will think of it. --Thomas Carlyle

-- Type: text/plain
-- Desc: Attachment information.

-- Type: Application/Octet-stream