[OM] Re: Outdoor Photography UK

Subject: [OM] Re: Outdoor Photography UK
From: savvo <zuiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 22:00:33 +0000
Jon Mitchell wrote:
> OK, definitely something up with my email.  I got this one today - 31st
> January - at 18:23 UK time.  I saw the replies, so I'm sure this must
> have appeared on the list before now - just my email delayed it.  Any of
> the PC / Email experts out there want to hazard a guess as to what is
> going on ?  I've noticed some of my mails to the list take days, while
> others take minutes.
>
> And it's not just this list either.  Some of my emails are taking over a
> week to arrive here.  Seems to be no pattern to it.
>
> Any ideas ?

It should be obvious from the headers of any late message where it has
been snoozing. Unfortunately you're an Outlook user and, for reasons
best known to M$, Outlook goes out of its way to hide the headers. It's
so long since I had to use it that I can't remember the incantation to
get it to give them up.

However, if you do know how to get at them, read the 'Received:' list
(upside-down) to see where and when the message went.

I'll put my money on mailserver load at mail1.metronet.co.uk or
mail.just-the-name.co.uk

--
Chris