[OM] Re: Outdoor Photography UK

Subject: [OM] Re: Outdoor Photography UK
From: "Jonas Otter" <jonas@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 08:31:01 +0100 (CET)
savvo <zuiko@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It should be obvious from the headers of any late message where it has
> been snoozing. Unfortunately you're an Outlook user and, for reasons
> best known to M$, Outlook goes out of its way to hide the headers. It's
> so long since I had to use it that I can't remember the incantation to
> get it to give them up.

Not only does it hide them, IIRC Outlook murders the headers and dumps
them in a digital black hole. It disassembles every email and stuffs the
bits into some kind of Access database or something (the .pst file) while
throwing away those bits it doesn't think are useful.

That is why I avoid using Outlook on any computer I own myself; it makes
reporting spam, viruses etc hopeless since all the interesting header info
is gone for ever. I prefer email clients that save mail in the good
old-fashioned Unix text file format, then I can read the mail file from
any decent email client. If you must use anything labelled Outlook, use
Outlook Express, it is nowhere near as arrogant as Outlook. The only
actually decent functions in Outlook IMO are the shared calendar and
Outlook Today.

Jonas